Thursday, April 12, 2012

Our weekend

On Friday April 6th 2012 our family lost an amazing woman. My grandmother Jeannie Chester. She was my dad's mom. She had 7 children and 16 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren. She was a woman of faith and finished her life asking only one thing of her loved ones "Listen to the Words" God's word that is. It would be an understatement to say she talked the talk and walked the walk. She is loved and admired by so many. She truly has a special spot in everyone's hearts. She was the type of person that found anyway to talk or relate to you and she would bring God's word into whatever situation good or bad you were in. My heart breaks for my daddy, who just recently lost my Papa (his dad) and then now losing his mom and also leading her memorial service. He did so with an open heart, caring words, and hopefully opening many people's hearts to our Lord. Each day will get easier for everyone but she will never be forgotten and as my dad said, "we will honor her for the rest of our days"
Easter Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment