Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Multi tasking

Taco pizza




Braxton enjoyed the pizza bake




Pizza Bake

(sorry the family already started dinner before I could get the pic)


Many years ago my mom gave me some advice that has stuck with me since. Now no this is not a life lesson speech just a simple idea that I love. On Sundays if you have time in the kitchen, preparing meals for the upcoming week. Meals that just need to be baked, warmed up, etc. Well this weekend I did just that. I bought several pounds of hamburger meat and had a couple recipes I wanted to try out. So I just cooked all the meat and made one dish and put the remaining cooked hamburger meat in the fridge for the next day. My first meal was a pizza bake.

Pizza Bake:
Elbow macaroni
hamburger meat
1/3 chopped onion
pepperoni slices
sliced mushrooms
tomato sauce
olives (if desired)
Italian season packet
Shredded Mozzarella

Cook meat add mushrooms and onions. Add remaining ingredients. Cook noodles as directed. Mix all together in a casserole dish. I sprayed mine with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven at 350. Top casserole with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake 20 minutes .

Second meal

Taco Pizza:

Hamburger meat
Taco packet
Rotel
Can of pinto beans
Green onion chopped
8 flour tortilla
Shredded cheese
(I added velveeta to the top of the tortillas to make cheesier - I know not fattening at all )

Cook meat, add season packet NO WATER, add remaining ingredients (not cheese)
Layer tortillas on cooking sheet (spray with nonstick cooking spray)
Spoon topping on evenly add cheese bake at 400 for 5 - 10 minutes. Yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment