Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Great Visit




Yesterday the kids and I went to visit my Papa King and Grandma Nancy. So yes my children's great grandparents. This is my grandfather on my dad's side. He was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease some months back. He is doing well, still keeping up with his land, routine doctor appointments, and communicating through an amazing keyboard gadget that speaks for him. This disease is affecting his breathing. So he does a breathing machine most of the day and a nurse visits them weekly to keep track of his breathing patterns. My grandma Nancy is by his side at all times. She is doing an amazing job keeping his spirits high. My grandpa has 7 children, who all try to poke in and see him, 16???? grandkids, and I am not even going to try to do great grandbabies. We all have him and Nancy in our prayers. Thanks for letting us come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment