Friday, August 5, 2011

Grammie






On Wednesday our family lost a very special woman. There are not enough words to explain how caring, loving, giving, and all around amazing she was. Goldie Haverly was 98 years young. She had a close and loving family. She was devoted to her church whom she called family also. She lead a spiritual and self-less life. She had stories that I know could have been Best Seller books. She lead a simple life, but with all of her simplicity she was out of the world amazing. I was blessed enough to marry into this wonderful family with Grammie as its matriarch. She is a woman that I will continue to imitate. She stood for what was good in the world. She will be missed dearly but we all smile because on her 98th birthday we all celebrated with cake, cards, and most importantly with Grammie. We got to watch a pink sunset, see deer in her pasture, and hug her one last time. Like my son said, "I have loved her my whole life" and for so many of us it is a True statement.

We love you Grammie!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment